Pages

24/12/2012

IT'S (ALMOST) CHRISTMAAAAAAS!

Well, tomorrow is Christmas day! This year has gone by so fast it is unbelievable.
This week has been fairly busy but mostly it's been lying on the sofa watching films! That's how Christmas should be, no?

Last week I went over to see Alaw as I hadn't seen her for ageeeees. One thing led to another and before you know it we were driving around the village dropping Christmas cards off & listening to Christmas songs at volume 80! It was actually hilarious! We ended up just driving to random places for no specific reason. These are the best sort of days - random and fun ones!



(I think this picture of Alaw is one of my favourite pictures ever!)



Friday I woke up to a text from Carwen asking if I wanted to go down to Cardiff to watch the rugby. Scarlets were travelling down to face the Blues in the Christmas derby. Of course I said yes, so at around 3 o'clock we were off down the M4! She had won the tickets through the local radio station. The match wasn't overly exciting itself but we managed to make it fun! The Scarlets won so there was a positive from the game (they haven't won for a looooong time!) It was an extremely fun day and it was nice to actually see Carwen in the flesh after three months of occasional Skype sessions!






Saturday we went to visit the grandparents and almost as soon as we were home we had people over for supper. It was an hilarious night which saw a lot of laughs and empty bottles of wine! Most of us were wearing Christmas hats and we had the Christmas table set out. It got me in that Christmasy mood of having fun and enjoying yourself.





Last night we went to a candle light christmas chapel service that our family friend does every year. My brother and I both had to do readings - him a poem & me a hymn. This also gets everyone in a christmas mood as we sing hymns under candle light and then have mince pies and mulled wines (wwwww... and also get chocolate and tangerines from santa!).

Merry Christmas :)
Nadolig Llawen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment